Re: Debian Exim and Mailman

On Tue, Aug 09, 2005 at 03:51:23PM +0200, Rakotomandimby (R12y) Mihamina wrote:
> "RP" -> "debian-user@lists.debian.org" (Tuesday 09 August 2005 15:42):
>
> > After a hard drive crash I had to reinstall from scratch. Exim now runs
> > as 'Debian-exim' but the mailman wrapper expects it to be run as
> > 'daemon'.
>
> What kind of error message do you get?

Sorry. I meant to include the error message. Here it is:

   Group mismatch error.  Mailman expected the mail wrapper script to be
   executed as group "daemon", but the system's mail server executed the
   mail script as group "Debian-exim".  Try tweaking the mail server to
   run the script as group "daemon", or re-run configure, providing the
   command line option `--with-mail-gid=Debian-exim'.

> I run Mailman both on Debian and on Fedora but I have no problem like yours.
> If you use a Debian packaged Mailman, I think you should contact the
> maintainer of the package too.

Have you done a recent fresh install on debian? I think if all you've
done is to upgrade the problem won't occur.

> > I've submitted this as a Mailman bug but I really need to get
> > my Mailman lists working.
>
> Mailman itself is not concerned. I think it's about packaging.

Yes, I agree. Coordination between the packages.

> > Can someone suggest what to change to get exim and Mailman working
> > together under debian?
>
> They do, it's just a matter of configuration.

Fine. What do I change?

--
"The cat could very well be man's best friend but would never
 stoop to admitting it." -- Doug Larson