Re: PROMISE FASTTRAC TX4000 IN LINUX

On (08/08/05 13:49), d wrote:
> [...]

It is best to keep this on the list because:
1. others may be able to help you
2. it means that when you find a solution, it can be found in the archive

Yes, you would lose data but from memory you have more than one RAID
array;  do you have somewhere to back up to?

You might consider:

1. backup array1 to another array and drop array1

2. backup all the information on the other two arrays to the two
separated disks(from array1)

3. create the new software RAID on the two current h/w arrays

4. backup the 2 separate disks to your new arrays

5. create a new array from the 2 separate disks

The detail may be incorrect but you get the idea.

Regards

Clive

--
www.clivemenzies.co.uk ...