Re: How to download just a single file of a package?

2005. augusztus 8. 18:11,
kamaraju kusumanchi <raju.mailinglists@gmail.com>
-> debian-user <debian-user@lists.debian.org>,:
> In the package description of kernel-patch-suspend2
>
> http://packages.debian.org/experimental/devel/kernel-patch-suspend2
>
> it asks to see /usr/share/doc/kernel-patch-suspend2/README.Debian if
> other kernels are supported. I want to know whether 2.6.12-1-686-smp is
> supported or not. Is there any way just to pull this file instead of
> downloading and installing the whole package?
Hi!

You can download-only a package with apt-get -d install <package_name>

This will download the package to /var/cache/apt/archive dir, and you can
extract the files from the package.

HTH,

Daniel

--