Re: OT - Unwanted mail

roach wrote:

On Sunday 07 August 2005 01:26, Doofus wrote:
Would it be too much to ask for the spam filters to ditch anything with
"paypal" or "ebay" in the subject or body?

I think your looking at this from the wrong direction. ;-)

I also want to filter out "paypal" and "ebay" spam, but I filter on "Received does not contain oma-kas-11.corp.ebay.com".

If it comes from "paypal" or "ebay", but not from "oma-kas-11.corp.ebay.com" it gets dumped.

Hope this helps.
All the best.

Well, whilst I appreciate we can filter at our end with procmail or delete directly from our imap servers (although not from this here windows box), my point is that I can't see any reason for "paypal" or "ebay" coming up at all in message headers or bodies on a debian linux discussion group, and so why not ditch the lot at source? I also concede that it's not my place to say what is and isn't filtered, and I got more or less the response I expected.