Re: How can I configure debian, to boot to a text mode login (new Debian user)

Hi.
Debian starts by default in runlevel 2 (if you didn't modify the
inittab file), so go to /etc/rc2.d and erase or rename the symbolic
link called S99gdm (for gnome, kdm for KDE) and reboot.

--
David González
Security Administrator & Software Developer