Re: Postfix configuration

Uwe Dippel wrote:
To me it quite strange. Did it on vanilla postfix; but here, on Debian, it
is quite strange to me.
Usually I expect plenty of config files in /etc/postfix; with many options
in main.cf. In Debian, there are very little. I understand that someone
has decided to make it simpler. But actually, it is worse: in the full
main.cf the comments are most helpful. Here it even takes quite some time
and google to remember how to deliver to Maildir/.

Can someone explain why this is so strange ?

Furthermore, I do need transport maps and stuff. But the Debian install
seems to not have it.

What am I missing ? Or is postfix on Debian screwed up ? I can't believe
so !

Postfix is not one single package. For example I have (dpkg-query -- list | grep postfix):
postfix        2.1.5-9        A high-performance mail transport agent
postfix-doc    2.1.5-9        Postfix documentation
postfix-mysql  2.1.5-9        MYSQL map support for Postfix
postfix-pcre   2.1.5-9        PCRE map support for Postfix

You can check http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html for main.cf options.

http://packages.debian.org/ is also good for finding out what packages debian has in one/all releases.

HTH
Brett