Re: Problem with ldap/pam/ssh, pam_groudn attribute doesn't seem to work.

On Sat, Aug 06, 2005 at 12:38:42PM +0200, Jean-Yves Migeon wrote:
> Hi all :)
>
> Currently migrating an old debian system (NIS, samba2 and a couple of other
> services), to a new machine mainly configured around LDAP, I needed some sort
> of access restriction, mainly to deny access to particular group of users on
> certain clients/servers.

Would you mind providing your ldap configuration files and/or some
pointers to whatever resources you used.  I started last night setting
up an LDAP server by reading the LDAP-HOWTO and a 4 part column by Carla
Schroeder (I think) an setting up LDAP.

I have slapd running and I can search the database as long as I am root
on the box running slapd.  If I am not root, or I try connecting from a
remote client or I try logging in to phpldapadmin, then I either get an
"unable to bind" error or a bad username/passowrd error.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~roberto