Re: OT: Wireless questions

Hi David,

Just couple words about wireless equipment you can deploy for your
home wireless network.
With wireless PCI card you would get small(around 5dBi) antenna which
would be at the back of your server. If your server is far at the back
of the house(mine is in the garage, for example) your chances in
getting stable signal is very low.
I would suggest to go for Linksys WRT54GS unit. The beauty of this AP
is that you can flash it with community firmware(see www.openwrt.org)
and you would have nice powerful AP fully compatible with Linux(the
openwrt firmware came from Debian, I reckon). And, of course, with
Linux on your WRT you can put firewall, etc. Then you are free to
connect it anywhere you like on your network.

Cheers,
Yuriy