Re: XEmacs TeX mode: Excessive syntax highlighting

On Fri, 2005-08-05 at 22:46 +0900, Victor Munoz wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 05, 2005 at 02:14:00PM +0100, michael wrote:
>
> > The emacs (sic) command to toggle font-lock (syntax highlighting) is
> >  font-lock-mode
> >

> Yes, except that it disables all syntax highlighting. I don't want that. I
> want syntax highlighting to change only font colors if needed,
> not the font size for the argument in \section commands (which is the only
> "anomaly" I've noticed so far).

You can set
    font-lock-maximum-decoration <value>
in your .emacs to change the amount of syntax highlighting eg value=1
gives less than value set to 2. How to be selective about what is/isn't
highlighted would require hacking the LISP I would guess...