Re: twitchy mouse

On Thu, 2005-08-04 at 15:28 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:

> I've been running gkrellm since forever and it has never done that.  I
> think I'd be for investigating the dma status of your hard drives
> with hdparm as someone else already suggested.

This is a new machine: a Sun dual Opteron box with the sarge AMD64 smp
kernel.

I used gkrellm, too, with no probs on my previous P4 home-brew box. But
here, gkrellm runs, the mouse twitches; gkrellm stops, the mouse is OK
again. Turning off all the modules in gkrellm didn't do it either.

hdparm shows the IDE disk with DMA on. Besides, nothing else changed
(that I know of) between gkrellm off and on...

I'd be very pleased to know about it if I'm wrong -- I do like watching
the bits move around :-)

--
Glenn English
ghe@slsware.com