Re: Swap always full

David Berg wrote:
> I usually only run Firefox, XMMS, Gaim, Gkrellm, and Gnome (It was
> swapping this much under enlightenment as well).

> I don't even know where to start.

    Well, hate to tell it to you but you've already answered your own quandry...

> Swap partition is 64 Meg and I have 128 Megs of Physical.  I'm
> upgrading to 1Gig very shortly but would still like to know why I'm
> swapping so much.

    128Mb of Physical RAM for Firefox, XMMS, Gaim on top of Gnome is pretty
much doing it right there.  On my laptop with 192Mb of RAM was able to
comfortably fit Firefox and Thunderbird under XCFE and that was about it.
GAIM squeaked in after I pared stuff down a bit.  Anything more than that and
it was touching swap.