Re: How to download/install a harddrive file

pinecone wrote:

I have been struggling with this for days with mixed results. Can anyone
suggest the steps for doing this in a simple way? I would be operating
from a /home directory.  The gui's supplied with gnome don't seem to
offer this easily.  I have been working with Synaptic and Ark. Take your
pick! I am familiar with sources.list.
Hi pinecone
Could you explain what a "harddrive file" is? There are various ways to get a file from other computers (connected through lan or internet). The choices that come to mind are http, ssh, scp, sftp etc.,

raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
Graduate Student, MAE