Re: script to run on startup

On Tuesday 02 August 2005 11:12, James Burke wrote:
>On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 11:05:30 -0400
>
>javier rojas <javier.rojasr@gmail.com> wrote:
>> hello,
>>
>> i need to run a script on startup, in mandrake i should add it to
>> /etc/locale, but i just installed debian 3.1 and i'm not sure
>> where to put it, this is the script:
>>
>> mysql -u root --password=passwd syslog < /tmp/mysql.pipe
>>
>> or even better, it should run each time syslog-ng starts, (assumin
>> it starts on boot)
>>
>> can anyone help me??
>>
>> thanx in advance...;)
>>
>> --
>> Ciao,Javier
>> linux user #393724
>
>I created a file in /etc/rc2.d called S99local and put the command
> in there.  Its probably the wrong way todo it but it works.

In RH versions, this S99local is a softlink to /etc/rc.d/rc.local.
Its been heavily added to at this site as I set a few more env vars
there, and also setibatch and boinc are now started there.
As its a softlink, you can add it to any of the rc#.d dirs that need
it.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)