Problem with Totem

Hallo,
I have a problem with Totem. When I try to start it from a console, a message:
/GnomeUI-WARNING **: While connecting to session manager:
Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based authentication failed. ERROR: Could not determine network interfaces, you must use a interfaces config line /appears. I had played with pppconfig before this message began appearing, but I'm not sure whether this is the reason. Does anyone know what measure I should take?
I'm looking forward to you answers. Thank you.
Nezumi