Re: lm_sensors

On 19:38 Sat 30 Jul 2005, Adam Hardy wrote:
> When I installed the new kernel with the debian package, I configured it
> with make xconfig, but I didn't see any choices for i2c_i801 in the i2c
> section. Now I see it, but it is greyed out and I cannot select it.

Not sure what's wrong. try 'make menuconfig' and see what this module depends on.

> Also, what happened to my boot logging? dmesg doesn't contain it, and in
> my /etc/init.d dir, I see a stop_bootlogd script. Is this what's
> stopping my boot logging? Or could it be configured to log it somewhere
> other than /var/log?

You need to start bootlogd service to see you bootlog. The easiest way is to
install 'sysvconfig' and start bootlogd service.

Hope it helps.

regards

bxuef

--
dhammapada says:

  When a man is stimulated by his own thoughts, full of desire and
  dwelling on what is attractive, his craving increases even more. He is
  making the fetter even stronger. But he who takes pleasure in stilling
  his thoughts, practising the contemplation of what is repulsive, and
  remaining recollected, now he will make an end of craving, he will snap
  the bonds of Mara. His aim is accomplished, he is without fear, rid of
  craving and without stain. He has removed the arrows of changing
  existence. This is his last body. 349, 350, 351