Re: wget -c 'problem'

On Sat, Jul 30, 2005 at 03:22:52PM +0200, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe wrote:
> I am trying to download a 3GB DVD image (wget 'address'), which goes
> well. But after it's interrupted, I can't continue the download (wget
> -c 'address'). The continue option works only on smaller (<600MB)
> images. Another thing is that wget displays that the image size is
> unspecified. Does this have to do with my problem? Can you help?

It's not clear from your post: are you downloading from a
website or from an FTP site? In my experience, FTP sites are
the only ones that don't specify the image size. I suspect
FTP is going to have a hard time working with the '-c'
option, but that's just a guess. If you're using FTP, try to
find an HTTP alternate to the image you're downloading. If
you're not using FTP, then I'm very wrong. :-)

--
Stephen R. Laniel
steve@laniels.org