Re: ..last mirror update was a week ago, what's going on???

Your submission was rejected because posting to this list is allowed
only for important announcements from the mirrors maintenance team.

If you think you have information that should be posted here, or any
questions about Debian mirrors, please don't hesitate to contact:

	mirrors@debian.org

A copy of your submission is included below.

On Fri, Jul 29, 2005 at 02:31:01AM +0200, Arnt Karlsen wrote:

> ..last mirror update was a week ago, what's going on???

> ..and, yeah, gg:"Debian mirror update" "21-Jul-2005" etc
> finds _lotsa_ noise.

> ..whether this mirror update lapse is planned or not, a wee
> mention here on d-m and and on d-announce would IMHO
> be warranted.

  It was announced.  Two machines, including ftp-master, were
 shut down so they could be physically moved.

  They took longer than the couple of days announced, but this
 was the source of the delay.

  Original announcement:

	http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2005/07/msg00013.html

  Followup when service was restored:

	http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2005/07/msg00018.html

> In its absence, I ask what I believe is a relevant question
> to d-m, here.

  This message was sent to *far* too many mailing lists.  Especially
 given that the move was announced, and the outage has previously
 been discussed on several of the mailing lists you include your
 query upon.

  Followup set to debian-user, which is least liable to complain ;)

Steve
--
# Debian System Administration
www.debian-administration.org/