Re: Sid wants to kill off abiword, aspell, and gedit

James Vahn wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Jul 2005, Joe Potter wrote:
>
>> I figure that someone at Debian hates the editors I like. What to do?
>>

>> An "apt-get dist-upgrade" will remove abiword and gedit. They then would
>> be un-installable. This always happens with Sid and Gnome. Abiword is
>> always the last to be fixed. I smell a conspiracy!
>

> Does this help?
>
>         ~# echo "abiword hold" | dpkg --set-selections

No, I could just run Etch if I was all that worried. I do restrict
myself to just "apt-get upgrade" rather than loose little old gedit
these days.

I could always use kedit to check my spelling I guess, but it would be a
hoot to see gedit and abiword fixed in a big ugrade ahead of oppenoffice
and kedit. Just once.

I am not really complaining, as running Sid is all about breaking things
once in a while. The development branch of Ubuntu has broken X every
other day for months --- while Sid has played well with his toys so far.

--
Regards, Joe