KDE, GNOME and font anti aliasing

I have tried both KDE and GNOME and i noticed this problem:
KDE seems less tidy and more stressing for eyes (i often get headache
ager using KDE) than GNOME.
I obviusly tried both on the same machine, same monitor, same config.
Well i think that could be:
1) KDE fonts anti alising is not as good as GNOME one, in fact fonts
in KDE seems always slightly blurred
2) KDE uses too bright colors that make less clear windows and widgets

Now i would like to ask:
1) Am I right, is there anyone else who noticed this, or is just a
wrong idea i have?
2) Is there any way to get better fonts? (for example i konw that
there is somewhere in source forge a collection of MS high quality
fonts) or better anti aliasing? Is there any difference between the
fonts used by GNOME those used by KDE?

Thnx
PAolo