Re: proper way to change ip and hostname

On Tuesday, 26.07.2005 at 20:47 -0500, Matthew Lenz wrote:

> I think everyone should probably look at Dave Ewart's response.  I
> tend to agree with him now that I've seen it in action.
>
> dpkg-reconfigure etherconf
>
> the only difference from etherconf and the sarge installer is that the
> sarge installer puts some guesses into the fields for you first.  The
> only other difference I could see is that etherconf puts the FQDN in
> /etc/hostname rather than just the host name.

:-)

It is a very good, reliable tool for setting up your network config.  It
ensures that you don't miss out anything that ought to be changed.

It's one of those tools where you find yourself saying "I can't believe
I didn't know *that* tool existed before ..."

Cheers,

Dave.
--
Please don't CC me on list messages!