Re: Updates to unstable

Ephemeral root wrote:
> Am I the only one not getting any apt-get updates to the
> unstable version of Debian? I decided to check the sources
> list by hand and interestingly the dates of the lates
> Packages.gz and Sources.gz is 2005-07-21. What gives?
>
> http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/unstable/main/binary-i386/
> [   ] Packages                21-Jul-2005 14:16  14.1M
> [   ] Packages.bz2            21-Jul-2005 14:16   2.7M
> [   ] Packages.gz             21-Jul-2005 14:16   3.6M
> [   ] Release                 21-Jul-2005 14:35     1k

Two main servers of debian.org are being relocated to HP while decision
of their new hosts gets finalized. These server are very essential for
DDs to upload new packages as one of them hosts the database. That might
be whey we aren't seeing any updates since a few days.

I read[1] that they should have been up by Monday but it looks that
there are still some delays. Its quite possible that Fedex messed
something up like Debian CDs and the servers might be somewhere in
Europe or Asia ;)

Hopefully, the servers will be up and normal updates may start as soon
as tomorrow.

/KS

1. http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2005/07/msg00013.html