Re: pam userdb auth issue (pam_userdb can't open database) Sarge

On Sat, Jul 23, 2005 at 10:12:21AM -0300, Tom wrote:

> 	Im with the same problem (but in woody). I saw no one answered you
> here. Did you solve the problme by some another way?

The shadow password file is readable by the 'shadow' group.  Make sure
that any users (e.g. the user your program runs as) are in the shadow
group.

Make sure you don't inadvertently expose the shadow password file.

--
Ron Peterson
Network & Systems Manager