Re: mutt crashes - SOLVED

Jochen Schulz schrieb:
Joachim Fahnenmüller:

I have a fresh install of debian testing.
Mutt crashes every time I try to write a new message (or reply to one) at the moment when it should open the editor. No error message, it just freezes.

I have this behaviour, when my signature generator (signify) is not yet
started. mutt tries to read the signature from ~/.signature and that
file is a fifo that signify writes to. When I write a new mail, vim is
spawned and hangs when trying to read the empty fifo.

J.

That was it. I don't have signify any more but the fifo .signature was still there. After removing it, it was ok.
THANKS!

Joachim Fahnenmüller