Re: Hyperthreading

On 7/23/05, Andrew J. Fields <Fields987@kc.rr.com> wrote:
> I am in the process of building a new computer, and was wondering if Debian
> 3.1r0a is capable of running on a P4 3.2E Ghz processor with HT Technology.
> Also, if the OS doesn't support HT, could it still work anyway. Lastly, if
> this wont work, could you recommend any distributions of Linux that support
> HT?

Any SMP kernel on Debian or virtually any other Linux distribution
should work. On Debian, once you finish installing, you may need to
manually install a kernel-image or linux-image package with `smp' in
the name. I'm not sure whether the installer will do this for you -
check with uname -a after installing.