Re: For the love of GOD!!!

Dirk wrote:
> Who is responsible for "ls -la" _mixing_ hidden "dot"-files with normal
> files in the output?

Ultimately it was you who was responsible because you apparently set
your locale setting to a dictionary sort order collating sequence such
as en_US.  This does not happen unless you choose it.  Only you
probably did not realize the consequences of your actions.  You
probably saw the question, took one of the selections, and forgot
about it.  To change the system default locale setting use this:

  dpkg-reconfigure locales

It will ask you:

  Which locale should be the default in the system environment?

You are presented with "None" plus all of the other locales that you
have configured.  Select None and no locale setting will be placed
/etc/environment and that will make C/POSIX the default for your
system.  You will need to log out in order for the settings to take
effect for your session.

> I wan't to drink coffee and smoke and then rip his fucked up head off
> and shit a hugh load of crap into his throat!
>
> Don't give me "that's because you use unstable" or the same will happen
> to you too.
>
> So. After I said this and I stared (grepped) my ass off I want to know
> now where I can reverse that!

Let me know how that goes for you.  :-)

Personally I use en_US.UTF-8 and a unicode font but also set
LC_COLLATE=C configuration.

Bob