Re: Disappearing text in FireFox

Hi,

I've had this very same problem described by the author of this thread for a long time. I have tried in kde, gnome and different window managers, and it doesn't fix the problem. It is also not just a firefox problem for me. I have had this problem with abiword too :( . The text disappears (it's there, but it doesn't show), the text only shows when I highlight it. I have tried different things and nothing works :( .

Please help,
Jos4e

On 7/21/05, Joerg Rossdeutscher <ratti@gesindel.de> wrote:
Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 20.07.2005, 12:00 +0800 schrieb Mitja Podreka:
> I have problems viewing some pages with Firefox. For example this one:
> http://www.sajeta.org/index.php?neki=x&x=delavnice
>
> Parts of text just disappear if I scroll down the page with mouse wheel
> or use scroll-bar too quickly.  If I use PageUp/Down keys or use
> scroll-bar slowly it is OK.

I know this effect from an extension. But - sorry, I forgot *which* one.
I always had a missing-text-problem on this site:
http://missi.blogweb.de/
...and the text re-appeared, when selecting it with the mouse or CTRL-A.
But I can't reproduce it anymore.

IIRC it was something I used to block annoyances. Adblock? Flashblock?
Anidisable? .... can't remember... maybe you can try without any
extension, and if it works, try to find the one causing the problem.

Bye, Ratti

--
-o) fontlinge | Fontmanagement for Linux | Schriftenverwaltung in Linux
/\\ http://freshmeat.net/projects/fontlinge/

BodyID:181877716.2.n.logpart (stored separately)