Completing removing program and configs

Hello,

I am having problems with my root user in postgres and want to completely
remove postgres and all config files so I can start completely from scratch.

What do I need to do to completely remove all config and setup files for
postgres so that I can reinstall postgres and give a new root user?

Lance

--

                                Lance Hoffmeyer
                              lance@augustmail.com

          The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and
                          governments to gain ground.
                                       -
                                Thomas Jefferson