Re: kernel-build-2.6.8 for i386 doesn't exist?!

On 7/19/05, Saman Ghannadzadeh <saman@meninpc.co.uk> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need the kernel-build-2.6.8 package for arch. i386 in order to compile
> some kernel modules. However, it seems that there is no kernel-build-2.6.8
> package available for i386.
>
> What can I do? are there any alternative packages available?
>
> Regards,
> Saman

It's called 'kernel-source-2.6.8' not kernel-build ... just 'apt-get
install kernel-source-2.6.8'

You can use a command like 'apt-cache search kernel | sort | less' to
see all the kernel related packages available, and pick out the ones
you need to install.  Also, 'apt-cache show kernel-source-2.6.8' will
give you some information on the package before you download it.

regards,