Re: Recommended Debian book?

On Mon, 2005-07-18 at 21:04 +0000, Hans-Peter Sulzer wrote:

> It is possible to download chapter 4 from
>
> http://www.nostarch.com/frameset.php?startat=debian

Everything I've seen from No Starch is paperback. My European Debian
book is a hardback, and it has a very interesting characteristic: from
the first page, it lies flat on the desk when open. None of my other
computer books can claim that. Not even the hardbacks from Cisco Press.

I was very impressed when I saw that. To me, not having to use a brick
to keep a book open is worth the struggle with a German website and the
exorbitant shipping. For one I foresee using a lot, anyway.

> I wonder how you can already have a copy of it, as the website
> states, that it will be released in September.

I ordered it from www.amazon.de -- Germany. Their site is pretty much
just a translation of the American one. The layout and icons are the
same; just the words are different.

--
Glenn English
ghe@slsware.com