Re: How do I get the '/usr/X11R6/include' folder?

On 7/16/05, Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@freenet.de> wrote:
> Am 2005-07-15 23:25:24, schrieb Vegard|drageV:
> > When running ./configure before installing ksubeditor, I get this errormessage:
> >
> > checking for X... configure: error: Can't find X includes. Please
> > check your installation and add the correct paths!
> >
> > I googled around and found that the folder /usr/X11R6/include may be
> > needed for this operation, but this does not excist on my system. Wich
> > package do I install to get this  folder?
>
> apt-get install xlibs-dev
>
> for example. Try it first and the maybe
> you need othe Devel-Packages as well.
>
> > Cheers, Vegard
>
> Greetings
> Michelle
>
> --
> Linux-User #280138 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org/
> Michelle Konzack   Apt. 917                  ICQ #328449886
>                    50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi
> 0033/3/88452356    67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)

Trying to install xlibs-dev gives me this errormessage:
How do I go around/solve this problem?

hjem:/home/vegard# apt-get install xlibs-dev
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

  xlibs-dev: Depends: libx11-dev but it is not going to be installed
             Depends: libxi-dev but it is not going to be installed
             Depends: libxmu-dev but it is not going to be installed
             Depends: libxmuu-dev but it is not going to be installed
             Depends: libxp-dev but it is not going to be installed
             Depends: libxpm-dev but it is not going to be installed
             Depends: libxrandr-dev but it is not going to be installed
             Depends: libxt-dev but it is not going to be installed
             Depends: libxtrap-dev but it is not going to be installed
             Depends: libxtst-dev but it is not going to be installed
             Depends: libxv-dev but it is not going to be installed
             Depends: xlibs-static-dev but it is not going to be installed
E: Broken packages
hjem:/home/vegard#

Cheers, Vegard