Re: HP LJ 1000 printer unsupported under linux?

On Sunday 17 July 2005 11:27, Deboo ^ wrote:
> > > [snip]
> I have also tried the solutions mentioned on linuxprinting.org's page
> given above but the printer just won't print under linux.

I have successfully configured the same printer on my computer using the
foo2zjs package. You can either download it from foo2zjs.rkkda.com (see also
the documentation there) or from the debian package foo2zjs (probably
requires debian unstable).

A firmware has to be uploaded when the printer is connected (e.g. using
hotplug) and you can easily check in the logs if this operation was
successfull...

Hope this helps !

Gregor