Re: What's wrong with debian?

FWIW, I would pay for a subscription if it meant faster time to market
for package updates.

I think there are still some glibc/libc6 updates that are "fixed" but
waiting to be released that could help me immensely, and at the
current rate, the only indication I saw of an update for it is
"September at the earliest" - that's still over two months out, and
not sure why it's pending being released if it's been "fixed"

Not to start any long thread about how releases are done or anything -
just sounding off that it's worth paying to me if it will help
expedite things as long as it isn't unrealistically expensive - even
sid is still using the same libc6 version as stable, which I find odd
if there's updates to it out there. (Note I'm on debian-amd64)

I paid for RH subscriptions when it was in the 9.x stage, I'd
definately pay for Debian as I like it a lot more.

On 7/16/05, Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@shellworld.net> wrote:
> I have subscriptions to
> slackware and maybe debian might do well to offer subscriptions in future
> too.

-snip-