mouse-device kills etch

hello folks,

upgraded from sarge to etch. since then my machine gets stuck completely on unpredictable moments; especially when scrolling webpages in mozilla 1.7.8 and firefox 1.0.4-2. so i have to start up anew.

my (good, i think) guess is a conflicting ps2 mousedriver with flash in both browsers. i installed my ps2 infrared-logitech mouse without the scrolling effects (with dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86) and immediately the trouble is gone.

somebody/anybody with the same experience? and -maybe - even somebody with a solution??

kind regards,

steef

groet'n uit groningen