Re: Cd writing tool under Linux -- important note

On Friday 15 July 2005 07:28 pm, Sergio Cuéllar Valdés wrote:
> 2005/7/15, Lian Liming <lianliming@gmail.com>:
> > Hi all,
> >     I wonder if there are any GUI cd writing tool available under
> > Debian. What I find so far is "cdrecord" which is a command line CD
> > writing tool.
> >     Thanks in advance!
> > --
> > Real happiness rises from peace in the heart!
>
> xcdroast is an option. And try to use apt-cache or synaptic to search
> packages.
>

> PD, sorry for the CC

Dear Sergio:

DO NOT INSTALL AN RPM. I forgot that we are both using Debian. You can
download it from apt-get or Synaptic:

apt-get install k3b

My sincere apologies.

(Red faced).

Benjamin

The most popular is K3b. If you distro doesn't carry it, just find an rpm or
compile it from source tarball. After you install it, be sure to run the
Setup or click from the Help menu and Test Your System. Remember to ALWAYS
run it as root and to download the cdrdao file that it needs. To help you run
it always as root, use KDE Kmenuedit. Find K3b (after installation), then
look for the options on the right. Just check "run as another user", then
type "root" and SAVE (on the top left under File). This way, you never have
to worry about it. It will always ask you for your root password.

Benjamin