Re: 2.6.11 and udev

On Friday 15 July 2005 07:26, H. S. <greatexcalibur@yahoo.com>
(<[🔎] db8dio$n6e$2@sea.gmane.org>) wrote:

> How come udev package has been upgraded in Sid without any warning that
> 2.6.12 is required for the new version?

The package description says "requires a kernel not older than 2.6.12."

> We upgraded a Sid machine running 2.6.11 and got new version of udev with
> no dependency indication that 2.6.12 is required.

Users of unstable are more likely than users of stable to be running kernels
built from the official (non-Debian) sources, which is not the sort of
package dependency APT handles.

> We upgraded a Sid machine running 2.6.11 and got new version of udev with
> no dependency indication that 2.6.12 is required.

You can downgrade to udev 0.056-3, and put udev 0.062-4 on hold for the
present.