Re: Suspend: after resume Xserver hangs when playing a film+usb mouse (SOLVED)

On Friday 17 June 2005 15:32, Mohammad Halawah wrote:
> On Thursday 16 June 2005 16:47, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> > Mohammad Halawah wrote:
> > > Hello fox,
> > >
> > > I have softwaresuspend patched on 2.6.11.8 (kernel.org) working but two
> > > things,
> > >
> > > Firstly, the Xserver hangs after resuming, specificly when I try to
> > > play a film.I found this in the www.suspend2.net/FAQ-5.html#ss5-16
> > >
> > > It says change a directive in the file /etc/suspend.conf
> > > but I could not find such file.
> > >
> > > Also it referred me to bug No.227112 on debian list (started Jan 2004).
> > > The maintainer concedered this bug as wish-list bug.
> > > So now I donot know if it is solved later or not.
> > >-- --------------------------- Secondly: after resuming the touchpad is
> > > working but not the Logitech usb-mouse. I found a relevant FAQ and it
> > > says that its known problem and it's hardware relevant issue. So if any
> > > one had trick for that ,it would be great.
> > >
> > > salam
> > > Mohammad
> > >
> > > Key finger print :60EB 43C9 C29E 9CEB E159 9DE1 7145 54F9 1686 2BB3
> >
> > Did you ever get the vanilla suspend to work that is in the kernel
> > instead of suspend2?
>
> So you are assuming that the vanilla kernel from www.kernel.org supports
> the suspend natively ?  I hope so.
>
> I did not try that, Thanks for the tip.
>
> Mohammad
Hi ,

The thing that I have done is
I added the driver i the file /etc/hibernate/blacklisted-modules
in my case it is "i810"
This was the solution for the X-server. Regarding the mouse, I have it solved
after I switched to XORG x-server (though I am not sure)

salam
Moammad
Key finger print :60EB 43C9 C29E 9CEB E159 9DE1 7145 54F9 1686 2BB3