Re: DNAT problem in Shorewall

On 7/15/05, TreeBoy <debian-user@petethetree.co.uk> wrote:
> I am now getting really confused.
>
> You have three machines in the subnet 192.168.0.0/24
>
> They are:
>
> IP    FQDN                  Description
> 1     ???                   Linux Firewall/Gateway
> 100   www.mydomain.com      Linux webserver running apache
> ?     ???                   XP box
>
> You are trying to browse http on www.mydomain.com.
>
> You have DNS working on all machines. i.e. running "host www.mydomain.com" (or
> ping on XP) on each computer gives the correct IP address of 192.168.0.100.
No, when I do "host www.mydomain.com" it gives me static ip address
213.xxx.xxx.xxx

Within LANI can see web page by  http://192.168.0.100 as I expected.

> If, on your webserver, you point your web browser at http://www.mydomain.com
> you get the correct webpage.
No, I cant't get the correct webpage.

> If, on your firewall, you point your webbrowser at http://www.mydomain.com you
> get the correct webpage.
No, I cant't get the correct webpage.

> If, on your XP box, you point your web browser at http://www.mydomain.com you
> get an IE error page about not found or some such.
No, I cant't get the correct webpage. - the error "page cannot be displayed"

> If these statements are correct, then your problem is with XP.
This is not a problem of XP :-)

> Finally: Please reply to the list - not to me personally. These lists offer
> others the ability to learn and to add input.
I didn't know that messages went to you - I was just clicking reply button.
Maybe somth wrong with your mail client settings. Please check.
To the field "TO" I manually changed email address this time.

askar