Re: ldconfig-symlink-missing-for-shlib error

kamaraju kusumanchi wrote:

Philipp Kern wrote:

On Thu, 2005-07-14 at 01:53 -0400, kamaraju kusumanchi wrote:
section 8.1 of debian-policy states that
[sic]The run-time library package should include the symbolic link that |ldconfig| would create for the shared libraries. [sic]

Does not this mean that ldconfig creates the symbolic link for the shared libraries? In this case, correct me if I am wrong, ldconfig should create libfortranposix.so.0 which should point to libfortranposix.0.0.0

According to the policy you have to provide them by yourself in your
run-time library package (e.g. libfortranposix0).
Based on other replies to this thread, I understand that, I have to create the link myself in the run-time library package. I also understand the reason for not employing ldconfig to do that. But can you please tell me, where in the policy does it say that? I could have missed it while reading and would like to know which sentences convey this information. Please dont just give the section numbers, I am looking for some sentences quoted from the debian-ploicy here.

thanks
raju

Please accept my apology. I sent it to the wrong list by accident. Should have been sent to debian-mentors. But out of habit, I typed debian-user in the To field of the email.

raju