Re: xorg in sid

Marc Wilson wrote:

On Tue, Jul 12, 2005 at 10:42:49PM -0700, Paul Scott wrote:
Yes, i386.  aptitude here doesn't think so.  I'm trying to work around it.

Yes, but we all know aptitude is crap,

Who is this "we all?" I started using aptitude because a number of people on this list that I trusted said it was the way to go and I haven't been disappointed. I don't expect any dependency resolution program to be perfect. In the case of xorg I had to use apt-get install to install xserver-xorg and the transition to xorg gave me no problems which is pretty amazing!

with ideas about dependency
resolution different from the known universe, so if you're going to use it,
don't mix it with any other package management.

It *will* break your box.
It has never broken my box. apt-get (before I learned about apt-listbugs) broke my box once and I upgrade packages almost every day.

Paul