Re: Xorg and switching VT

On Wed, Jul 13, 2005 at 03:10:50PM -0700, Bill Thompson wrote:
> I just switched to the xserver-xorg package in Sid today. Everything came
> up all right except I can no longer use ctl-alt F1 to switch to a virtual
> terminal while X11 is active. Before I file a bug report, is anyone else
> having this problem?

I'm running Ubuntu on my laptop, and have been running X.org
for a few weeks. Maybe a week or two ago, I got the problem
you're describing. It disappeared after a while, though, for
I know not what reason. I believe Ubuntu is tracking Debian
experimental for the X.org packages, so it wouldn't be
surprising if some problems got fixed in Ubuntu before they
made their way back to Debian unstable.

Here's what apt-show-versions says about packages on my
system matching 'xorg', just in case you want to see how
your versions compare:

xserver-xorg-input-kbd/unknown uptodate 6.8.2-36
xorg-common/unknown uptodate 6.8.2-36
xserver-xorg/unknown uptodate 6.8.2-36
xserver-xorg-dbg/unknown uptodate 6.8.2-36
xserver-xorg-core/unknown uptodate 6.8.2-36
libglu-dev-xorg not installed
libglu1-dbg-xorg not installed
xorg-driver-synaptics/unknown uptodate 0.13.6-0ubuntu5
libglu1-xorg/unknown uptodate 6.8.2-36
xserver-xorg-driver-ati/unknown uptodate 6.8.2-36
xserver-xorg-input-mouse/unknown uptodate 6.8.2-36

--
Stephen R. Laniel
steve@laniels.org