Printer issue -- SOLVED!

Dear friends:

Printer issue resolved!

My printer is now working fine.

I called my printer company, Okidata, and, although they don't provide tech support for Linux, their expert was able to figure out that I was using the wrong emulation HP driver for Okipage 14e. The correct driver is HP LaserJet 4P, NOT LaserJet 4Plus. That's how close the drivers are. The "4Plus" driver will not print a page, even though Kprint sent it successfully to the printer. As soon as I switched to "4P", it immediately responded and printed out the wonderful test page.

Thank you all for your help.

Benjamin