Re: epson R300 w/ cups - gimp-print

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005, Greg Madden wrote:

> On Monday 11 July 2005 12:19 am, Alvin Oga wrote:
>
> > - next step .. to print fancy graphics directly onto the CDs
> > 	( guess what kind of CDs and it aint cd's w/ pics )
..
> I bought an Epson 300 some months ago to print labels on Debian
> cd/dvd's. I had no problem using it with gimp-print/cups and printing
> documents, using Debian testing versions. I was waiting for Sarge to
> get released before figuring out how to do the label part.

gimp-print is out for debian .. various sites carries various versions of
gimp-print and gutenprint in *.deb files

gimp-print-5.0.0-beta2 is out
guntenprint-5.0.0-beta4 is out

what is the difference between gimp-print and gutenprint ??

i'm thinking i don't need gimp-print-xxx since i can print onto paper

------

i can already print to the epson r300 with lpr or gimp-2.2.3
or cups-1.1.23 ( port 631 ) or blah-blah-print-command

	lpr -PEsonR300 /path/tiger.ps
	( comes out very nice )

	it'd probably look better if i used "photo quality paper"

there don't seem to be any option to tell the app to print
onto the CDROM tray instead of 8.5x11 paper, though it has all kinds
of other paper sizes .. if there was and it works, it'd be "too simple"

	==
	== what's the trick to getting cups/gimp to print onto the cdrom
	==

c ya
alvin