Re: Kernel configuration could not be read?

On Tue, Jul 12, 2005 at 08:59:04PM -0500, Benjamin Sher wrote:
> cmetzler@speakeasy.net wrote:
>
> >>I read everything on the Debian home page
<snip>

> Dear CMetzner:
>
> Thanks for understanding and thanks for the kind words.
>
> My experience with Linux began with Red Hat 5.2 then followed Mandrake,
> then Xandros. Xandros is a great distro, but the problem with them is
> that they promise that you can install all the applications you want
> from the Debian repository (they are a Debian derivative), but in fact
> you can't. If you do, you quickly mess up your system. So, I wrote a
> full-length Intro for Xandros Newbies about this, which is still online.
> You might be interested in seeing it. If this is of interest to Debian
> users, you are welcome to adapt it for Debian.
Hi Ben,
I can symphacise with you, I once install Xandros and Lycoris and one
day I said " lets install a debian package". Ugh! What a mess! The
fellow who founded it still want to promise more than is possible and I
can only guess the poor folks who are using his mess. As long as you
DONT TOUCH ANYTHING, its ok. I can say with confidence that Debian is
not as fragile!

Anyway, Welcome to Debian!
if you are curious about the workings of Debian, check out my LARGE
diagram at http://debian.home.pipeline.com/newdebian2.png
It is not for the faint of heat.
Cheers,
Kev
--
counter.li.org #238656 -- goto counter.li.org and be counted!