Re: Anyone got SSH over HTTP working?

On Tue, Jul 12, 2005 at 08:19:37PM +0100, Julian Gilbey wrote:
> I'm going to be working in a school which sits behind a nasty
> firewall: it will not allow outbound SSH traffic.  (And it appears
> that they are filtering based on protocol, not only on port number :/ )
>
> I'd like to be able to ssh to my home machine, and I can use putty as
> a terminal program, but only if I could teach it to use an HTTP
> protocol.  Yuck.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas if this is feasible?  Or another idea for
> how to do this?

What you want is anyterm [0].  I recently changed to a new office that
has a super restrictive firewall.  Incidentally, I am the maintainer of
librote and will soon be packaging anyterm, as soon as the upstream
developer confirms that the new version of anyterm works with the new
version of librote.  To use the latest anyterm, you need the latest
version of librote (0.2.8), but only 0.2.6+20050511 is in Sid.  You can
get version 0.2.8 from my package repository on my website if you want
to use the upstream anyterm until I can get a version of it into Sid.

-Roberto

[0] http://anyterm.org/
--
Roberto C. Sanchez