Codecs locations in filesysten

Hi, I am trying to install the mplayer codecs all package and the readme says to install them to these locations. However I can not find these directories on my system. I have 3.1r0 with the desktop package. Does Debian create these directories by default or do I have to create them myself then put the codec files in them. I already know how to install the codecs I just can't find the directories. On other distros that I've used in the past I could find them. So should I create the directories myself?

/usr/local/lib/codecs/
/usr/lib/codecs
/usr/local/lib/win32
/usr/lib/win32