Problem with apcupsd and kernel 2.6

Hi all,

I have recently upgraded my system from kernel 2.4 to 2.6.8 (with sarge).

I have a APC Cyberfort 500 USB UPS managed with apcupsd.

Initially I had no communication at all with the UPS. Installing the hotplug package fixes this _however_ apcupsd still does not start correctly at boot since it is started at level S12 wheras hotplug is S40.

All works after a manual start.

Is this a bug?  (and if so in apcupsd or hotplug?)
Should I change the start up levels so that apcupsd comes after hotplug?

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Martin Fuzzey