OT: NFS Problem (Text file busy)

I'd put this on a Perl newsgroup, but when I Googled for more info, it came up
that this is likely more of an NFS problem.  I could not find anything that
could actually tell me how to fix it, though.

I have a server and a workstation.  I'm using Kate (for those who don't use
it, it's a KDE text editor with a console visible in the window).  I access
the files I'm working on in Kate through NFS.  In the console, I'm logged
into the server through ssh.  I've used this setup on other systems (old
Mandrake based systems) in the past, but now I'm using it on Debian based
systems, so I think the problem is probably a setting I haven't found.

When I edit a Perl script in the text editor, and save it (through my NFS
share), THEN try to run it through the console logged into the server through
ssh, I get this error:

bash: /testing/tnet/bin/t-f1: /usr/bin/perl: bad interpreter: Text file busy

As best I can find out, this is related to NFS, but I don't recall getting
error messages starting with "bash:" before, so I'm wondering if Bash is
picking up something I don't know about.

If I wait 10-15 seconds, I can run the program.  Sometimes it seems to run
after a shorter time.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hal