Re: 32 or 64

>> Hi all!

>Hi,

>> how can i get a 64 bit kernel? do i have to compile
>> myself? or there are some kernel images ready to
use?

>As far as I know, 64bits is a separate architecture
>now.
>If you want it you'll probably have to "switch" many
>binaries.

Are not 32 bit emulation?
If not, how i change the binaries? are 64 bits
packages? How does the sistem know what packages to
download?

>Well i'm not certain, but I think i'm not far from
the truth :-)

ok, i search more.

Does i need the kernel-image-2.6-em64t-p4-smp???

Or kernel-image-2.6.8-11-amd64-generic??

how can i see the running kernel bits?

Thanks.