evolution problem and ical problem

Hi

In use evolution up until now to manage meeting
request as it manages ical format email.
Problem is evolution in unstable is now crashing
everytime I start it. There is a bug filed against it.

Also there is an upgrade version that exist but I
would need to perform a dist-upgrade in order to get
it.. But  I am quite uncomfortable doing it when I see
that it is trying to remove the following
------------------
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  capplets gnome gnome-applets gnome-core
gnome-desktop-environment
  gnome-office nautilus nautilus-media

First: what would you guys recommand? perform the
dist-upgrade?

SEcond:any other alternative for ical?

Thanks

Manu