Re: RAID 5 questions (software)

On Thu, July 7, 2005 11:11 am, Andy Smith said:
> On Thu, Jul 07, 2005 at 10:53:34AM -0500, Michael Martinell wrote:
>> I have been experiementing with the RAID stuff in Debian 3.1r0a
>>
>> In this experiment I configured as follows:
>> 1st Hard Drive
>> /boot 400mb
>> swap 2GB
>> partition for Raid volume 37 GB
>>
>> 2nd - 4th HD
>> partition for Raid volume 37 GB.
>
> [...]

When I was reworking the raid I noticed that the hard drive that I had
replaced earlier was NTFS instead of ext3.  I take it that the raid
controller does not reformat the drive to support the change?  What are
the proper steps (or where are they located) for replacing a raid drive?

I did reconfigure with a 2gb and a 37 GB partition per device w the /boot
and swap each raid 1.  Seems to be working so far.